Friday, March 25, 2016

One Woman's Yes



Today, Heaven touches Earth.

A woman says yes to the God of all creation.  Yes, I will receive You into my life.  I will let You fill me up to a point where I can't help but overflow with Your Love.  I will care for You above all other things.  I will hold You in my arms.  I will be Your perfect lover and adorer.  I will carry You into the world for all to see.  I will labor in Your vineyard and prepare a place for You.  I will open myself to You completely, never hiding from Your eyes, never desiring anything apart from Your will.  I will join my heart to Yours.  Yes, I will be who You've always intended me to be, the Theotokos, God-Bearer.

Today, Heaven touches Earth.

A woman says yes to the God of all creation.  Yes, I will always be with You, united in Your suffering, never leaving Your side.  I will go to the foot of the cross where You, the Heavenly Bridegroom, are waiting for me.  I will unite myself to You in a new way, a way that changes everything.  I will suffer with You, die with You, and one day rise with You, as we are one.  I will open myself to Your mystery, my thirst only being satisfied by Your everlasting presence, living for You and You alone.  Yes, I will be both Bride and Mother, the one who gathers Your children and leads them into Your arms.


"Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord." Luke 1:38

"Woman, behold, your son." John 19:26

Today, Heaven touches Earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment